Our recycled polyester is made from post-consumer plastic water and soda bottles and less commonly from pre-consumer waste. Recycled polyester replaces energy-intensive, petroleum-derived materials traditionally used in equestrian products such as virgin polyester, polypropylene, and nylon. Recycled polyester performs equally as well as 100% virgin polyester but requires 58% less energy and emits 45% fewer greenhouse gases than virgin polyester, all the while reducing our dependency on non-renewable resources.
Plastic Bottle to Tack: The Polyester Recycling Process
Wool is a naturally occurring, biodegradable, renewable fiber that boasts an array of beneficial characteristics that are hard for humans to replicate in synthetics. Human-made synthetic fibers are petroleum-based requiring large amounts of energy and crude oil to produce. Synthetic alternatives are also not biodegradable which means they will likely end up in the waste stream, landfills or worse, our ocean.
We only source wool from American farmers who adhere to strict animal husbandry and land management standards, ensuring both the sheep and earth are treated humanely and respectfully. These farmers follow guidelines, called the Five Freedoms, that outline the humane treatment of animals that when followed, allow animals healthy, low stress, natural lifestyles that provides for all their basic needs.
- Freedom from hunger and thirst – by ready access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and vigor.
- Freedom from discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and comfortable resting areas.
- Freedom from pain, injury, or disease by prevention, or rapid diagnosis and treatment of injuries or sickness.
- Freedom to express normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animals’ own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions that avoid mental suffering.
Manufactured in the USA
We proudly manufacture our products in the USA. We also source our raw materials from U.S.-based businesses when feasible to support job security stateside. We can rest assured knowing the folks manufacturing our products are not subjected to unsafe working conditions, unfair pay or other forms of human labor exploitation that our government and unions protect against.